The Joyce Skaryak Classified Senate Scholarship
The Classified Senate Joyce Skaryak Scholarship honors Joyce Skaryak who served as Mesa’s Classified Senate President for ten years, freely giving of her time and resources. Throughout her term as president, Joyce led fundraising efforts that addressed significant community need and expanded the Classified Senate scholarship on behalf of all classified professionals.
The Classified Senate would like to support classified full-time, part-time and work-study professionals who participate in lifelong learning to better serve our students, departments, and the College.
Lifelong learning includes formal and informal learning that participants gain through:
• For-Credit Classes
• Continuing Education Classes
• Professional Learning Workshops (such as those offered by the LOFT)
• Other Personal or Professional Learning Opportunities
Eligible applicants must be:
- Classified full-time, part-time, NANCE, or work-study employees
- Actively engaged in learning that contributes to the work they do at Mesa College.
Immediate release of full award (May of this 2021)
Scholarship funds are available four to six weeks after scholarships are announced.